Tuesday, May 25, 2010

(Not) Too Much Time on My Hands

As I am currently scurrying about finding this and packing that, I leave a brief post following my qualie predictions and a 'sayonara' until after the race. 

One bit of perfection. One perfect pick out of 33 plus. If you read my previous post you'll find I had Alex Lloyd pegged into the 26th spot. Nailed it.

The rest of the field? Ahhhh... not so much.  Missed the pole sitter, missed 4 of the First 9, had 3 missing the field that actually made it, had 3 making the field that missed, and ended with 32 drivers in the wrong position. Stellar.

Regarding the trip, all seems to be going to plan and the weather has changed dramatically since a week ago.  The sultry 80s have returned to Indiana with high humidity, bringing with it the increased chance for pop-up thunderstorms. Still, the preliminary forecasts show mostly sunny all weekend long and moderate cooling in the evenings. Very temperate, very excellent for the campers, very excellent for me.

I wish you all a great Memorial Day weekend and hope you'll be near a TV, Radio, or XM Radio to catch all the happenings of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, live. 

One of my favorite parts of the run-up to the Green Flag is the Invocation which requests that God watch over the drivers, the mechanics and the crews (in several languages). So, in the words of Archbishop Daniel Buechlein (fractured and spelled as phoentically as I could decipher froma n audio file) I bid you... "Calebundu ba abec du, mega gote siebe gleiten, ku me ten, vayee con dioose, kamigo noga kigoka aryu mat so gan, dio de guida, vaya con dios, godspeed."

PS  I will stand by a prediction made prior to qualifying despite his not starting from where I thought. My prediction for the win (aka kiss of death for the victory) goes to Mr. Graham Rahal, from the inside of Row 3, not Row 4 as I had earlier predicted.

Godspeed indeed,
DZ

1 comment:

  1. I believe the "god, watch over our drivers" is spoken in every language represented in the starting field. If we had a 100 percent native English speaking field, we would only hear it in English. I am annual coke field resident and pray for mild weather as well.

    ReplyDelete