Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Zip Line Fever

Lots of talk around the ol' Twittersphere since the great party thrown by Indianapolis for Superbowl XLVI and especially the Superbowl Village where the Zip Line was an instant hit.  Many have called for IMS to do likewise beginning with the Indy 500 season.  I happen to agree 100% that this needs to happen. 

During my lunch-hour today, my wheels (and mouse and Google Earth and photoshoppery) got the best of me and I threw out on Twitter some ideas (based on my experience at numerous Indy 500 weekends) of Zip Line locations that seem on surface to be quite feasible given the 'lay of the land'. 

Some traverse the garage areas, some over the fan village and Carb Day concert zone, some at the north end incorporate the New Snake Pit and Miller Lite Party Deck, and some are merely for fun.  I hate to rule anything out until they can be examined anyway...

Below I offer some ideas of fun (and seemingly feasible) locations for a Zip Line at IMS:



I will go ahead and say that they'd have me 4 days in a row over Indy 500 weekend regardless of location but ESPECIALLY if the 750' (green) option were to materialize.  I'd pay my daily IMS entrance fee PLUS a reasonable Zip Line fee to shuttle into the place over 16th Street, the short chute, and end up in the Hall of Fame Parking Area. Are you kidding me?! What a memory THAT could create! While I understand that version is likely to never happen, I can't help but wonder anyway...

What would be your Zip Line ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I really dig the blue line in the first image. How cool would it be to fly over the Pagoda Plaza and Gasoline Alley on Carb Day? EPIC!! I'd part with some money to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the idea and ultimately what I see as the most impressive. May be the most difficult to do given the length, but how crazy would that be?!

      Delete