Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just Tryin' To Be Helpful...

It's becoming clear to me that one of two things is happening regarding the Carb Day concert announcement: One, it is SOOO awesome that to avoid a raucous and potentially dangerous stampede of people overrunning the ticketing office, they just can't release the band name until proper security and safety preparations have been set; orrrr, Two, they haven't found a 'suitable' act yet.

Being in a somewhat pessimistic mode regarding the Speedway's leadership, I tend to think the latter is the odds-on favorite of being closest to the truth.  In my typical way, I would like to assist by humbly submitting some possible acts for consideration:



1.  The Who.  I realize they're coming off a less-than-stellar appearance at the Super Bowl Halftime Show.  I realize they've lost half of the originals.  Their best days are clearly behind them.  As a fan, I am well aware of all of this.  They are in their mid-60s after all and still can kick ass so I just want them to do one, nice, tight, generation-spanning, show of ass-kicking rock-n-roll lasting one glorious hour (not that halftime medley crap).  Six songs; My Generation, I Can't Explain, The Real Me, You Better You Bet, Baba O'Riley, Who Are You, and finish with of 'Won't Get Fooled Again'.  I want to hear Roger scream, live, one last time.  What could have you more amped up for the rest of the weekend than that?  I can't imagine short of something that involves 'pharmaceuticals'.

2. There isn't a #2.  The Who is it for 2010, end of.

PS Whether you like Queen or not, if your neck hair doesn't stand up starting at the 4:15 mark of the SOOO awesome video link, you likely wouldn't appreciate 33 cars roaring down on Lap 1 of the Indy 500 (be sure to click the option to watch "Lap 1" in 720HD), Just sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment